Rogério Mendonça Soares worked at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul. The university is located in Brazil in the city of Porto Alegre, which is 10,664 km away from the headquarters in Oberkochen. In 1990 Rogério first came into contact with ZEISS products through his father, who had worked in a measurement laboratory with a ZEISS UMC 850.
- Company: UFRGS – Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul
- Country: Brazil
- My passion for quality assurance: Is to achieve a high level of accuracy and performance that I can only achieve with a ZEISS product.
- Favorite ZEISS product: Every coordinate measuring machine (CMM) of ZEISS
- Why ZEISS: ZEISS is the only brand who can get a true high level of accuracy with scanning technology and always brings a true compromise with quality assurance. That's why I choose ZEISS.
- Your message to the global #measuringhero community out there: Always searching for knowledge and ways to improve. Set a goal for yourself to work towards. Then you can achieve everything.
The accuracy, technology and discipline you must have to work in metrology. Metrology is a field of knowledge that requires full commitment and almost exact numbers. That is what fascinates me.
The role of metrology at LAMEF is to assure quality in research and development projects in the area of oil, gas and medical components such as prostheses and derivatives.
Metrology has always been something that fascinated me. When I first came into contact with a CMM from ZEISS, I didn't want to work with any other machine. It was the highest level of technology and precision I had ever seen. And today I am very happy to be able to work with ZEISS CMMs.